Life is an adventure. Creation sings God’s story. As He weaves the threads of His grand story, He has given each of us a calling.
He has entrusted homemakers with a glorious, but daunting, calling: to create a home for His glory.
The Adventure of Homemaking
When blessed with marriage, we are called to be the glory and delight of our husbands.
If the patter of small feet fill the home, our energy and sleep and even our bodies are sacrificed as we open a new world before the breathless delight of childhood.
In a single day a simple homemaker wears a dizzying array of hats:
- House cleaner
- Hair dresser
- Interior decorator
- Household steward
I seek to capture glimpses of the adventure of homemaking here in my little corner of the blogosphere.
Although many of the posts spring from lessons I’m learning as a mother of little ones, homemaking covers such a broad spectrum that posts will be of interest to women who haven’t started homes of their own yet.
Feminine Adventure Highlights
New to Feminine Adventures? Here are a few highlighted posts to get you started
On marriage & motherhood
- The Surprises of Marriage
- Finding Freedom from Mom Guilt
- Today I Was Going to Make My Bed
- 5 Ways to Foster Your Child’s Imagination
- Picture Storybooks Worth Re-Reading
On matters of the heart & home
- Proverbs 31: the Portrait of a Lifetime
- Busy with the Right Things
- Finding Time for the Bible as a Busy Mama
On gardens, health & herbal remedies
- 12 Healthy & Frugal Breakfast Alternatives to Cereal
- DIY Anti-bacterial Herbal Salve
- Cayenne Pepper for Shock
- Garden with Attitude
Feminine Adventures Schedule
Since I love making schedules, I’ve made a tentative schedule for posts.
- Monday is for all things home and homeschool, including DIY projects, thoughts on hospitality, and peeks into our homeschool days.
- Wednesday is for gardening, herbs, and natural remedies. I share book reviews, remedies that worked for me, peeks into my garden, and favorite healthy recipes.
- Friday is for matters of the heart and faith.
Though of course, making schedules and actually following them are two entirely different things! Sometimes living gets in the way of blogging. And that’s the way it should be, right?
Making a home for God’s glory is a grand adventure! Won’t you join me on the journey?
Sign up for my weekly highlights (and get a copy FREE copy of Build Your Own Herbal Emergency Kit Guide!)