Looking for a snack that is easy, healthy, filling and delicious? And much cheaper than packaged snacks?
Energy Bites fit the bill, at least for me. They are filled with healthy, satisfying ingredients and are one of my favorite snacks.
I was inspired by Food Doodles All-Natural, No-Bake Energy Bites, but what fun is cooking if you don’t change the recipe?
Energy Bites Recipe:
(Part of the fun of this recipe is just how easily you can change ingredients! We don’t like ours overwhelmingly sweet and I added coconut oil make it more filling. )
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter (or other nut butter)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey, preferably raw
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- dash of salt
- ~2 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
- ~1/2 cup chocolate chips, raisins or other add-ins (optional)
- Cream peanut butter, oil and honey
- Add coconut, flaxseed and salt
- Add chocolate chips and enough oatmeal to make a nice, moist cookie dough texture
- Refrigerate for 15-30 minutes or until you can easily shape. Roll into balls.
- Freeze or refrigerate.
(Full Disclosure: Links to products in this post are my referral links)