Capes are so versatile: a nurse, princess or fairy can all share the same one. And they are ever so easy to make!
This is the simple pattern I used to complete Rosalind’s nurse outfit.
- For cape: Cut out a rectangle that is 26 inches X the desired length.
- For band: Cut out a 16 X 2 1/2 inch rectangle. Iron under 1/2 inch on the short edges of the band and down one long side.
- For tie: Cut out two 12 inch pieces of coordinating ribbon.
- Iron under 1/2 inch along the sides and bottom of the cape. Fold under again and sew.
- Baste 1/2 and 3/4 inches along the top edge of the cape. Gather until it is 15 inches wide.
- With right sides together, sew band to cape. Turn out and iron.
- Fold the band over the raw edge. Pin ribbon to each side. Sew in place.